1. i dont have a dishwasher. so, really, this could read, "i have a lot of dirty dishes." actually, i DOOO have a dishwasher. it's just in my bedroom at the moment. my wonderful husband is WORKING on getting it installed.
2. i cannot throw up in a toilet. or any container. so, really, this could read, "my husband has an extremely patient and understanding bedside manner."
3. i am a jehovah's witness. so, to answer the most common follow-up question: "yes, i ACTUALLY go around knocking on people's doors." and it's the most rewarding thing i have ever done with my time!
4. i dont like coffee. so, really, this could read, "i am NOT a morning person." i really wish i could swallow the stuff. just cant. cant do it.
5. i learned to drive stick by buying a brand new toyota that was a stick shift. so, this could also read, "i am kinda stubborn and dont always think things through." my life was literally threatened EVERY day the first 2 weeks i owned it. i would stall out on the on-ramp of the freeway during RUSH hour each morning. every morning. that long line of cars was all because of ME....and people made sure i KNEW it!
6. i love to cook. when i got married 5 years ago, i could not cook at ALL. i asked for cookbooks for my wedding shower at work. the funny thing is, i just realized recently that i like to cook. it shocked me. especially since im pretty sure ive liked it all along and never knew it!
7. the only 2 foods i dont like are croutons and mirange. so, this could also read, "i love food." hmm....that COULD have something to do with me needing to lose more than 100 pounds!
8. i am a FREAK about food safety. i opened a cafe for people in arizona. i had to take all these food safety classes and read all kinds of books. it scared me. i am in a constant mental war against botulism. i never go to the grocery store without a list. and it is organized by grocery store sections. i get all perishable items (dairy and meat) last....so they are not in my cart too long. and then it's STRAIGHT home. and the food goes RIGHT in the fridge.
9. if you really want to see me sweat, stand in front of the fridge with the door open for more than 5 seconds. (see explanation above) i can almost SEE the temperature start to rise....and bacteria start to grow......yes...i am nuts.
10. the first time i danced with my husband was outside in the rain. so, this could really read, "i am a huge romantic." the car headlights were on and the car doors were open. "a kiss to build a dream on" was blaring over the car speakers. im pretty sure i was barefoot....it was in arizona. so even though it was night time, it was super warm.
it turns out there is one more thing about me. i went to the doctor yesterday. for a physical.
11. i have high blood pressure. and need medication.
i knew it was high. i hoped these last 9 weeks of diet and exercise would do the trick. it helped. but i need medicine. i am 28 years old and i need to be on medicine for my high blood pressure. i hate this. i hate what i have done to my body.
this whole time that i have been losing weight i havent been counting anything...not counting calories or points or carbs. im not a counter. i cant count. but now i have to. i have to count sodium mg. reallllly?
i am so embarrassed by this. i am not telling any one. i did this to myself.
it was a good reminder though. i started this weight loss journey because i was scared of the tingling in my hands, my headaches, dizziness....AND the worst: nose bleeds. i knew these symptoms were likely symptoms of high blood pressure. i thought if i just started eating right and exercising it would GO AWAY....and eventually (if i keep this up) it WILL. just not over night.
losing weight is not about skinny jeans. its about keeping my heart pumping...and my blood vessels from exploding.