BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Attempted Murder

my workout tried to kill me.

sitting down isnt supposed to hurt!!

working out turns you into a bit of a masochist. i have been working out with weights for a while now and could not find a lower body routine that really made me feel it. and by "it" i mean pain. the next day. but "it" is a very specific pain. there is a very narrow window of the right pain. its not an injured pain.... just a "every time i move it feels like i just got done running a marathon" pain.

as people so kindly pointed out, people (especially females) who are extremely overweight have a hard time feeling it and getting a real good lower body workout because their legs are so used to carrying around large amounts of weight. im still sorting out if that is a compliment or an insult...

so, yes... i was super happy when i walked (hobbled) out of the dungeon yesterday morning with my lower body feeling like jell-o. and i was even more excited when i could barely walk down the stairs this morning. see? masochist.

here's what did it.

QUADS:

Ball Squats













Dumbbell Front Lunges











HAMS:

Hamstring Curl














Dumbbell Dead Lifts














CALVES:

Dumbbell Calf Raises













Single Dumbbell Calf Raises









ABS:

Decline Bench Crunches









Dumbell Side Bend















that's it! truth be told, i am still not happy with my ab workouts.... i dont really feel it there. i have been really careful with abs because i tend to hurt my back when i try to work them.

also, my hamstring curl wasnt so great. i am going to try this next time.

Ball Hamstring Curl













as much as i hate to say it, i think that people were right. i couldnt use a machine or weights as my resistance because it doesnt come close to my BODY weight which is what my legs are used to lugging around. so i used my body weight as resistance and it did the trick for my quads...

hopefully that will work with my hams with the ball ham curl.

here's hoping!

0 comments: